Friday 23 August 2013

Quote-tastic #5



 
Here is my fifth addition to the weekly meme being hosted by Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup.


If you want to join me, please click on the link above. Leave me a link in your comment and I will check out your quotes (:
 
“It had always seemed to Emily, ever since she could remember, that she was very, very near to a world of wonderful beauty. Between it and herself hung only a thin curtain; she could never draw the curtain aside-- but sometimes, just for a moment, a wind fluttered it and then it was as if she caught a glimpse of the enchanting realm beyond-- only a glimpse-- and heard a note of unearthly music.”          
(L.M. Montgomery, Emily of New Moon)
 
The Emily series were one of my favourites growing up, and if you're a writer who needs some inspiration I highly recommend these books. They are aimed at younger readers but the stories are about an orphan who just must write, and her imagination is inspiring. Each time I read the books they make me want to write too!
 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for joining in Zed! I'd never heard of these. Always wonderful when you can get such inspiration from books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is. Have you read any of the Anne of Green Gables series? It's the same author..

    ReplyDelete