Tuesday 23 July 2013

Quote-tastic #3


Here is my addition to the weekly meme being hosted by Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup.

If you want to join me, please click on the link above. Leave me a link in your comment and I will check out your quotes!

 
This quote is based on my newest addicition, book 3 of Georgetown Academy by Jessica Koosed Etting and Alyssa Embree Schwartz. This is the scene where Taryn is in hospital due to a ski accident, from which Brooks saved her...
"Are you hungry, Taryn?" he asked. "There's a burger place next door."
"She doesn't eat meat, you idiot," Brooks snapped.
"I was assuming I could find her something else there, but thanks for the heads up,. Gabe sounded like he wanted to give Brooks a cracked rib, too, but Taryn was suddenly too tired to fully turn her head around to see his expression.
Brooks ignored him and bent down toward her. "I'm assuming they have some kind of food situation in this archaic dump. It might not be fructose fortified frozen yoghurt, but I'm sure I can find something that uses artificial flavour enhancers to mask the disgusting taste."
She laughed. "Flaming Hot Cheetos work, too."
He rolled his eyes, smiling. "Of course they do."

3 comments:

  1. Oh nice. I haven't seen this one before. Sounds like it could be really fun. Made the vegetarian in me ::snort:: ;) Thanks for joining in this week!

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her food choice. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flaming hot cheetos ALWAYS work! great quote!

    new follower

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete